About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Monday, November 09, 2020

TTT 111020

 

Todays top ten is: Book titles that would make great song titles.

I've made each title into a link for the book mentioned, if there is one. After the title and author the genre of music it would fit in.

My books:

The Fan Plan by Patrick Prescott: rap, hip hop, jazz

The Good Goddess by Javan Tenebrae: new age, religious, alternative.

Human Sacrifices by Patrick Prescott: religious, new age, pop, alternative

Fellow bloggers books:

1NG4 by Berthold Gambrel: new age, alternative, jazz.

She Who Comes Forth by Audrey Driscoll: easy listening, pop, new age.

Bound by Desire by Wendy Zadruk: heavy metal, blues, jazz.

A Prayer For My Mountain by Hank Bruce: gospel, new age, blues.

Other Titles and Authors:

The Last Dance by Martin L. Shoemaker: country, blues, jazz, easy listening.

Soul Catcher by Frank Herbert: pop, new age, alternative, gospel.

Nightfall by Isaac Asimov: easy listening, pop, country.

I Have No Mouth but I Must Scream by Harlan Ellison: rap, hip hop, heavy metal, alternative, new age, jazz 




 

30 comments:

Lydia said...

Very cool list! Yes, picking a genre is important for sure for an exercise like this. Next time I'll have to do it, too.

My post.

P M Prescott said...

Thanks, Lydia. Looking forward to your next list.

Dedra @ A Book Wanderer said...

Oooh, "I Have No Mouth but I Must Scream" would make a great song title. So much to work with there. ;)

Lexlingua said...

Great that you have added genres too. Am I guessing correctly that you are a jazz/ blues lover? And I got to know today that you've written several books too! :)

Alexandra said...

Some really fun choices there, Patrick!

P M Prescott said...

It does say a lot, Dedra. Thanks for coming by.

P M Prescott said...

Glad you liked them, Alexandra.

P M Prescott said...

Lexlingua, I like jazz and blues, but not exclusively.

Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse said...

Great choices! I love how you included what type of music and who would play it. Did I see you as a performer in here?

P M Prescott said...

Only sang is church choir, but I've always loved music of all kinds, Deanna.

Natalie @ The Biblioholic said...

I love that you came up with ideas for which genre it would belong to :)

Andie @ Books, Coffee & Passion said...

Such a cool list! Soul Catcher and Nightfall sound like amazing song titles.

P M Prescott said...

Glad you like it, Natalie.

P M Prescott said...

Yes they do, Andie. Thanks for stopping by.

Kel James said...

So glad you laid it out by genre. I wish I would have done more of that with my post (I did on a couple of them). Loved reading your list.

Lectrice Vorace said...

Great list! "A Prayer For My Mountain" definitely sounds like the title of a Gospel song.
Here's my TTT list this week.

Susan said...

I like A Prayer for My Mountain. Sounds like a great folk song.

Happy TTT!

Susan
www.blogginboutbooks.com

Greg said...

Nice picks! I especially like Human sacrifices, Soul Catcher and Nightfall.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Fabulous! I love how you also classified each. I really like I Have No Mouth But I Must Scream.

P M Prescott said...

Thanks for coming by, Kel.

P M Prescott said...

Thanks Lectrice.

P M Prescott said...

It does, Susan.

P M Prescott said...

Nice choices, Greg.

P M Prescott said...

Deb that does seem to be popular. Thanks for coming by.

Maya @HerBookishDesires said...

These are really great!! I really like The Last Dance, Human Sacrifices and A Prayer for My Mountain. Love how you included the genre of music with each list item. I wish I had added the genre of music, but I really don't know much about music and my guesses would have most likely been way off! Haha. Great TTT!

Berthold Gambrel said...

Great choices. And as always, thanks for the mention.

Christopher @ Plucked from the Stacks said...

Oh, these are fun! The Fan Plan is a great title.

P M Prescott said...

Good to know you like the title to my book and my good friend. Thanks for coming by.

P M Prescott said...

It's a great title, Berthold.

P M Prescott said...

Thanks, Christopher, I think so too.