About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Sunday, November 22, 2020

Time To Count Blessings

 It's time for thinking about our blessings. The song: Count Your Blessings name them one by one. Count your blessing see what God has done.

The greatest blessing is the sacrifice of Jesus who I accepted as savior at age 10. He's walked with me and talked with my all my life and has seen me through good time and bad. Without my faith I would be the most wretched of creatures

Here's my many blessings this year:


1. My health. I have my diabetes under control. The new medicine I have needs one injection a week. Getting off the insulin is helping me lose weight.

2. My family's health. Son works at a pharmacy in the liquor dept. He's still healthy, but I worry for him. Daughter and wife are doing fine. Eldest grandson graduated high school, other grandson entering high school and granddaughter middle school. All doing well.

3. Financially we are secure. We have shelter, transportation, and can afford the necessaries.

4. Mother passed away, but her descent was quick and I was there through hospice to ease her suffering.

5. I'm thankful for all our friends and family members who have been supportive as we've gone into a period of mourning. Their cards, phone calls and visits have been a balm on our grief.

6. This year I've updated most of my novels and they are now in paperback at a reasonable price.

7.  I'm thankful for being able to read e-books at reasonable prices to keep my mind sharp.

8. I'm thankful for Top Ten Tuesday and Wednesday Challenge giving me the ability to exchange ideas and opinions on multiple topics to many people. I have commented on those all over the world and they have said kind things to me.

9. I'm thankful for other bloggers that read my stories as I read theirs and then write reviews. Authors are always hungry and thirsty for a fair and honest review.

10. I'm thankful for living in an area with a wonderful climate. Albuquerque is cooler than Arizona, warmer than Colorado, less windy than West Texas and less humid as East Texas. We don't fear earthquakes, hurricanes, or  tornados.

16 comments:

Berthold Gambrel said...

Great reminder that there's a lot to be thankful for even in these tough times.

P M Prescott said...

Yes there is, Berthold.

Reading Ladies Book Club said...

So much to be thankful for! Gratitude is a discipline.
I’m so very sorry about the loss of your mom. We’re never grow old enough to lose a parent....especially mom. 💔

Elza Reads said...

This was a wonderful and humble post. As long as we always remember where our abundant blessings come from, we live a life of thankfullness.

I am also grateful for other bloggers and weekly features! It did help me to stay focused during this past year as work was HECTIC.

Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving!

Elza is thankful for

Lydia said...

I'm glad your family is doing well!

P M Prescott said...

RLBC You are so right. Thanks for coming by.

P M Prescott said...

Elza, the same for you and your family.

P M Prescott said...

Thank you, Lydia.

Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads said...

Such a lovely list - it's nice to take a moment to reflect on everything we're thankful for.
I'm so sorry for your loss though.

Jen at Introverted Reader said...

I'm so sorry for your loss but I'm glad you're able to appreciate your blessings even in your grief.

P M Prescott said...

Thank you for your kind words, Lindsey.

P M Prescott said...

Your kind words of condolence and encouragement are appreciated, Jen.

Sarah @ All The Book Blog Names Are Taken said...

I'm so sorry to read of your loss, but also glad to hear of the many ways you have still found to be thankful.

P M Prescott said...

Thank you for your kind words, Sarah,

Dedra @ A Book Wanderer said...

So sorry for your loss, but you're right, there is always so much to be grateful for. <3

P M Prescott said...

Thanks for coming by Dedra.