About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Wednesday Challenge: 082620

 


Today's challenge is the strangest thing or things I've eaten.

I remember trying dirt once. I had a Bic pen in my mouth one time while thinking and the ink came up into my mouth. Made me barf.

Once my mother cooked a Sunday dinner with what we thought was a nice pot roast. She asked how we liked it and we all said it was great, then she told us it was Beef Tongue. We didn't eat a single bite afterwards.

I tied sushi once, sorry too raw for my taste.

A secret Santa gift one year was green chile and red chile jam. Not bad. A burger joint here has green chile in their tartar sauce during Lent. It's really good. A pizza parlor has green chile ranch dressing. Yum. Freddie's hamburgers has a jalapeno French fry sauce, it's got a bite.


Hank Bruce has a book about the Maringa Tree and had his wife bake Writers2writers chocolate chip cookies made with Maringa flour, they were delicious. Wal-Mart has Maringa flour in the pharmacy.

I like Calamari in tempura.

For a while my father raised rabbits and we dined on them. Their legs have a lot more meat on them than chickens, and I like drumsticks.

Had frog legs once in Juarez. Also on the other side of the border had a dish with three round browned balls. It was meat and mushrooms fried in beer foam. They were the size of small meat balls. I thought why so much for three bites. Two of them filled me up.

When I was in Junior High the school system had a scandal. It was revealed that for six months the hamburger meat they were serving was actually horse meat. I couldn't tell the difference.

 Costco sells buffalo burgers, and they're tasty, but a little too expensive.

The only way I like venison is in barbeque sauce.

Elk tastes like beef.

Never adventurous for antelope, did have a restaurant that served it. Same with bear meat.

Family member that lived in Alaska sent down some caribou meat. She said to eat it with Russian dressing. The only thing close was French dressing around here, and it was pretty good.





13 comments:

Lydia said...

Yeah, dirt does seem pretty gross.

I want to try beef tongue someday.

My <a href="https://lydiaschoch.com/wednesday-weekly-blogging-challenge-the-strangest-things-ive-eaten/”>post</a>.

Wendi Zwaduk and Megan Slayer said...

I can't do wild game. My BIL got a turkey and we were told it was going to be a delicacy for Thanksgiving dinner. It wasn't my thing. Not a bit.
I'm not interested in trying dirt, but I've ingested enough when I've been to dirt races and I refuse to eat tongue. Nope. They tried to do a bait and switch with me when I was a kid and...nope.
Good post!

P M Prescott said...

Give it a try, Lydia. You just might like it.

P M Prescott said...

We eat turkey for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Tena Stetler said...

As a child ate dirt, mud pies, you know. Only once. LOL interesting post. Thanks for sharing. Here's mine. https://www.tenastetler.com/the-strangest-things-ive-eaten/

P M Prescott said...

Thanks for coming by, Tena.

Pine Enshrined Reviews said...

The idea of beef tongue grosses me out! And I feel that on Sushi! My husband could eat his wait in both tho! Gross right! Very interesting post and enjoyed reading it!!

P M Prescott said...

Glad you did, Tired. Thanks for coming by.

Tanith Davenport said...

I never had a problem with tongue, funnily enough. I agree with you on the sushi though.

P M Prescott said...

Thanks for coming by Tanith.

Anonymous said...

I have to say, I love beef tongue. I think like any meat, it's gotta be prepared right to overcome any squeamish factor. Frogs legs are interesting too, aren't they?

P M Prescott said...

I think you're right, Birdsong.

Appslure said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.