About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Poetry time

I Once Heard The End Was Near
by P. M. Prescott

I once heard the end was near when I was only twelve,
Herber W. Armstrong just knew Armageddon would come in 1975.
Next I read the end was near in a book named Late Great Planet Earth,
Hal Lindsay said it would all come to an end in 1988.
Then came along the Milleniuim Bug. Christ would come,
Because of an arbitrary timeline in the year 2000.
Now every leading preacher makes a killing preaching
Death and destruction to scare the sheep.
Left Behind is a growth industry in books, movies, videos and games.
Tim Lehaye is smart enough to not set a timeline, or a date, but it is always near.
There is never an end to the assembly line of fear.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

And of course there's Pat Robertson to kill anyone's honest journey into faith! His comments on what caused 9/11 were filled with reckless disregard for so many who lost loved ones that day!

P M Prescott said...

Don't get me started.