About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Thursday, January 16, 2020

Vintage Science Fiction Month

Lydia Schoch posted that this month is Vintage Science Fiction Month.
If you're talking vintage Sci-fi the first name that pops up on my radar is Isaac Asimov.

When I belonged to the Science Fiction book club in the mid 70's I fell in love with Isaac Asimov's anthologies. He was a fantastic editor of short story books from authors long forgotten.
Like a good number of his books they've not been transformed into e-book and are out of print. These three were eye opening to me at the time. Some truly great stories found in pulp magazines from the 1920's and 30's.








I read the Foundation Trilogy in high school. Asimov expanded the concept to a number of other books like he did his robot series. The fall of the Roman Empire in science fiction.










4 comments:

Lydia said...

Good post! It's a shame these books weren't turned into ebooks.

P M Prescott said...

It sure isq,Lydia.

Berthold Gambrel said...

Great post. I'm also doing a post about an Asimov book for vintage sci fi month. It will go up tomorrow.

P M Prescott said...

Just left a comment. You can't go wrong with Asimov. Thanks for coming by, Berthold.