About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday 011420

This week I'm listing everything I've got going right now that's keeping me from writing.

1. Every Thursday my son and I have a lunch with my church's men's group. It's helping my son open up and tell about his experiences while in the Air Force after 911. The other men are all Vietnam vets and are helping him.

2. Saturday I've been asked to speak to the cities men's prayer breakfast. They want me to talk about writing Christian books, and how to market them. I haven't got a clue what I'm going to say.

3. Sunday I'm teaching my Sunday School class on the book of Hebrews. I have a Tyndale commentary that dissects every aspect of the meaning of every bloody Greek word. The other book tries to compare the writing with all the other writers from the time period like Josephus, Philo, Plato. Epictetus, etc. Going to have to wing this one. Hello seminary class notes from 1977.

4. Last Saturday my  wife and I joined a gym. We've tried exercising at a gym with only exercise equipment. We'd be faithful for about a month and then pay for year without going. This gym is twice as much, but it has classes and a pool. We worked out Saturday and walked in the pool. Monday I just worked out, but wife walked in the pool. Today we did an Aqua Pilates class. Doubt I'll be able to get out of the bed tomorrow. 
We both need to lose weight and this looks to be something that will work. If it helps me cut down on the insulin I'm using it will be worth it. Aqua Pilates again Thursday. Those noodles are torture devices. 

5. I need to pull a short story from twenty years ago, edit it and then share it with W2W at February's meeting. I might post it here once I'm done.

6. The ARC I've taken on is sending me a book to review every week. They're not very long and easy reading, but it's getting time consuming.

I'm ready to go back to work to slow down.

3 comments:

Lydia said...

Wow, you have a lot on your plate at the moment! I hope things slow down for you soon.

My TTT . Thanks for stopping by yesterday.

P M Prescott said...

Yes I do, Lydia. Thanks for dropping by.

Lydia said...

You're welcome. :)