About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Tuesday, October 01, 2019

TTT books with numbers

For TTT click here.

This week its books with numbers in the titles. I really had to think on this one. I cheated and looked at others to see if they had a book I've read and forgotten about.

Thirty Thousand on the Hoof by Zane Grey

9 Tomorrows by Isaac Asimov,  not available on Amazon. A collection of short stories I read in 7th grade that got me interested in science fiction and Asimov.

Six of Crows: I've posted a review a few days ago.




The entire Lord of the Rings is fantastic. The Two Towers suffers the fate of the being the bridge book, but it has great battles at Helm's Deep and the White Tower.












Fahrenheit 421. Every book lovers worst nightmare. It really strikes a nerve.




Mila 18 I'd almost forgotten Leon Uris as it's been so long since I read his books. Exodus, and The Haj are more memorable than this one.














One of those books I was forced to read in high school. I didn't appreciate it.














I can't praise Harlan Ellison enough. This was his 35th edition collection. There is now a 50 year, but boy have the price of his books gone through the roof.





I got this as a study book for my work in progress: Stephanus. Copyright on it at 1902. I thought an interpretation of Revelation before premillennialism became the cancer on Christianity would help.




























4 comments:

Lydia said...

This week's prompt was hard for me, too. But we ended up with a few of the same books on our lists!

My TTT.

Astilbe said...

I've never read Catch-22 before. Thanks for the heads up about it.

Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

P M Prescott said...

Lydia, it was a hard one.

P M Prescott said...

Astibe, how could I forget Six of Crows? Thanks for listing it.