About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Sunday, October 13, 2019

Wayland Track Reunion

I was on scholarship at Wayland Baptist College (now university) from 1972 to 1975.  I graduated in '76 working for senior year as a security guard. This last Saturday Wayland held a track reunion and I decided to go. It's a six hour drive. Here are some pictures of my team mates as they are today.

These are all the track athletes there from the '70's.

We were the only ones who were teammates. I won't name names. The guy on the left was our trainer, he was also an assistant coach a few years later. That's me next to him I ran cross country and ran mile and three mile. The guy to my right was a sprinter, and Mr. Cowboy hat was our 880 yd. dash runner and anchor on the mile medley. It was nice meeting them after all these years. Another sprinter was there, but not in this picture, he's in the top picture wearing a red shirt next to Mr. Cowboy hat.

2 comments:

Berthold Gambrel said...

I love it when people reunite after many years like this. Nice that you got together with your old teammates.

P M Prescott said...

Thanks, Berthold. It was a long drive both ways, but well worth the time and effort to meet up again.