About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Books I keep putting off

Wednesday challenge
Books I keep putting off reading.


I have a box set of the Divine Comedy by Dante. On the left hand page it's in Italian and on the right in English. I read Inferno, which helped a few years later in world literature in college. I've put Purgatorio on the back burner and never got around to it.


Same goes for the third book of the trilogy. 


Another book I bought and somehow have never gotten around to reading it. I love the two movie rendition with Charleston Heston, Michael York and Geraldine Chaplin. I've always wanted to know how close they were to the book.
Every month I get to pick two free books from Amazon. This looked interesting, but before I started reading it I came across other books and it's dropped off my radar.

2 comments:

Lydia said...

I'm glad you participated this week! I hadn't heard of any of these books, but they do sound interesting. :)

My post.

P M Prescott said...

I'm aghast, you've never heard of Dante?