About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Friday, September 11, 2020

TTT 091520

 

Today's topic is about book covers.



There are some books I bought because something caught my eye on the cover.

A pretty face in uniform, a space epic with sailing ships in dark matter. I've read six of them so far and waiting for the seventh. The face is what caught my attention.




What caught my eye on this one was the color.









I bought this  one because I like the title.The cover made me wonder what it was about.

I also blog with the author.





Sometimes some cleavage sells me the book. The subject matter interested me too.













Sometimes book covers get updated. They can be quite different. Which one would you buy?












Some authors have a theme going on in their book covers.









16 comments:

Greg said...

That Miller cover is good. and Love Taipan!!

P M Prescott said...

Thanks, Greg.

Lydia said...

She Who Comes Forth has a great cover for sure. Thanks for stopping by earlier.

P M Prescott said...

Yes, it is, Lydia.

Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse said...

Covers are great at luring us in, aren't they?

Poinsettia said...

I like the cover for Irreparable Harm. Here is my Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

P M Prescott said...

They sure are, Deanna.

P M Prescott said...

It is good. A good read too, Poinsettia.

Hayden @ FollowingGoodBooks said...

Some very cool covers! Great post

P M Prescott said...

Thanks for coming by Hayden.

Aj @ Read All The Things! said...

I hope you enjoy the one you haven’t read yet!

Aj @ Read All The Things!

P M Prescott said...

Thanks,AJ.

Verushka said...

Irreparable Harm’s cover definitely is striking. The color and the woman striding somewhere immediately makes me want to know what it is about.

P M Prescott said...

Verushka, I agree. It's a good book.

A Reading Writer said...

the second one looks so intriguing to me, too!

P M Prescott said...

Glad it does, Reading.