About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Wednesday Challenge 031120

Sorry, but I'm tied up today and having to skip this week. I'll make it up next week.

Found some time, just a little late. Okay the one skill I wish I had, but don't.

I wish I could make friends. At best I make acquaintances. Growing up we moved a lot. My older brother could walk into a new school and have three or four friends the first day. I was lucky if I had someone I could talk to and liked me before we moved again.
I never had trouble getting a date or being friendly with girls. Different dynamic. If there was a girl I was interested in I would ask her out, she either said yes or no. 
Somehow going up to guy and saying, "Do you want to be friends?" Doesn't work.

12 comments:

Wendi Zwaduk and Megan Slayer said...

There's no crime in having a hard time making friends. Especially if you moved around a lot. But you've got all of us WWBC folks. We're all your friends. :-) Good post.

P M Prescott said...

Thanks, Megan. Yes I've made many friends here.

Echo Ishii said...

Making friends can be tough, I struggle with that. It is great to connect on the blogs. Hello blogger friend:)

P M Prescott said...

Thanks for coming by, Echo. It's good have friends.

Lydia said...

I wish I were better at that, too!

My <a href="https://lydiaschoch.com/wednesday-weekly-blogging-challenge-one-skill-i-wish-i-had-but-dont/”>post</a>.

P M Prescott said...

Lydia, this group is very friendly. Crazy how much easier to make friends this way.

Cathryn Hein said...

It can be very hard to make friends sometimes. I don't think you're alone with this one, Patrick. But as Echo said, this blog challengy is proving a lot of fun and very friendly.

P M Prescott said...

Yes it is, Cathryn.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Hah, I can relate. I am about to retire and my wife says she wants to throw a retirement party and I say that I don't know who would come! Seriously I make very few friends as well. Lots of acquaintances but nothing close.

P M Prescott said...

Glad I'm not the only one, Yogi.

Tanith Davenport said...

I agree. It's not easy to do.

P M Prescott said...

Thanks for coming by, Tanith.