About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Tuesday, March 03, 2020

TTT 030220

Top ten books with a title with one word.



Stephanus by Patrick Prescott.  I am proud to announce that the long awaited sequel to Optimus: Praetorian Guard is now available at Amazon in e-book for .99. Today and tomorrow Optimus is offered for free. I'm glad that today's TTT and my book met the same criterion. Optimus is exiled to Patmos where he becomes the scribe of John the Apostle. Stephanus his eldest son is enslaved and sent to the arena to be executed, and Sextus the younger son joins the legion to fight in Domitian's wars.



1984 by Alduous Huxley. I know it's a number instead of a word, but it works for me.






Dracula by Bram Stoker. Granddaddy of all the horror books.

Frankenstein by Mary Shelly. The first mad scientist trying to play god book.

Dune by Frank Herbert. Oh my did Frank Herbert start a franchise off of this book.





Foundation by Isaac Asimov. It started as short stories in Amazing Science Fiction magazine. It was compiled into the original three books and Asimov went on from there.








Longitude by Dava Sobel .
The development of clocks and how this led to being able to locate longitude for navigation.





Borderline by Joseph Badal. Two female detectives in Albuquerque, NM solving crimes while fending off sexual harassment and superiors second guessing their every move. First of now three books in the series. 

Quantum by Patrick Cornwell. On my TBR list. Can't say too much about it yet.







10 comments:

Lydia said...

This is such a great list, Patrick! I'm a huge fan of Dracula and 1984 in particular.

Thanks for stopping by earlier.

M.T.Wilson said...

Frankenstein is one of my favourite classics. Remember liking 1984 too though it's a while since I read it.

Wendi Lee said...

1984 is one of my favorites. Great list!

P M Prescott said...

Always a pleasure, Lydia.

P M Prescott said...

Nice to know we have that in common M. T. Thanks for coming by.

P M Prescott said...

Wendi, it is a good book and relevant today as it was then.

Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady) said...

Nice list! I know some of these, but not all of them.

Jocelyn @ A Little Nerd Told Me said...

We had a decent amount of crossover! I've finally started the Foundation series but I'm on Prelude, can't wait to get further into the rest of the books.

P M Prescott said...

Davida, I'm that way on almost all the lists on this meme.

P M Prescott said...

It's not easy to get through all of them now, Jocelyn. It's amazing how well the original stands up today when he wrote them in the 30's