About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Friday, January 13, 2023

Friday Book Review

I've decided to start a weekly book review. It's not easy deciding which book each week I've read over the last year and going into this one to share, but I'll choose and deliver.


 This week is an anthology of short stories. Hank Bruce takes one of John Denver's songs and uses it as the inspiration for the story.

These are stories that touch your heart.

I like the way Hank segues each of his stories by relating it to a John Denver song. 

Both men and those they associated with felt deeply about making this planet livable past their lifetime. The stories range from refugees of genocide in Africa, to Native Americans in New Mexico and Arizona, to a street person in Philidelphia, all in need and there is someone who sacrifices their time, talents and money to help them. The valuable uses of the Maringa tree for those dying of starvation and unclean water, those dying from uranium poisoning off abandoned mines, and many more. Not just an enjoyable read, but an uplifting and life changing book.

Available at Amazon as e-book on Unlimited or $2.99. 

4 comments:

Berthold Gambrel said...

Cool! I will check it out. I've got a review of Bruce's "A Prayer for My Mountain" coming up on my blog next month. I like his writing. Thanks for introducing me to his work.

P M Prescott said...

A pleasure to introduce Hank to anyone. He's a good friend and a model of decency.

Lydia said...

I’m late, but good for you for writing book reviews!

P M Prescott said...

Anytime if fine, Lydia.