About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Wednesday, June 22, 2022

WC 062222

 This week's challenge it Auto Buy authors. Writers who when they come out with a new book, you have to buy and read it in a single day even if it nearly kills you.

For a long time, these authors fit the category until I couldn't keep up, or they died:

Isaac Asimov

Harlan Ellison

James A. Michener

Anne McCaffery

Collen McCulloh

Harold Robbins

Micky Spillane

C. S. Lewis

Deitrich Bonhoeffer

Barry Sadler

Anne Rice


Today's authors are:

Tony Roberts, I just got his 8th book in the Dark Blade series and I'm loving it.

Blake Banner

Tom Clancy

Leigh Berdugo

Mark Dawson

Julia Quinn - Love Bridgerton

Paula Paul

Berthold Gambrel, blogger friend who has reviewed a number of my books on his blog.

Joseph Badal, local author and I've met a number of times at book signings.

Hank Bruce, another local author and member of Writers2writers. He had great books on gardening, and is pushing the nutritional value of the Moringa Tree for developing nations.

Dr. Irene Blea, another member of Writers2writers, she has a trilogy about her aunt who was sold into marriage at age 13, ran away from an abusive husband and went on to live her life. Great reads, she has an autobiography of her life coming out soon that we in W2W read portions and gave input, as they did with my work.

Jonathan Miller, local author who told me about Soutwest Writers way back in 2006. I went to my first meeting, found out about a print on demand in August, had the first two copies of Optimus Praetorian Guard by November. He's an attorney and writes legal thrillers.


10 comments:

Berthold Gambrel said...

As always, I'm honored to be mentioned in such good company. Thank you.

P M Prescott said...

You are very welcome, Berthold

Lydia said...

I’ve heard good things about Tom Clancy, but I don’t think I’ve ever read him!

Shari Elder said...

You've got quite a list. I'll have to look to take a look at some I have not read yet.

Judy said...

Many of those on your "prior" list are some of my favorites.... so I'll have to check out the others!!

P M Prescott said...

Lydia, he's best known for Hunt for Red October the movie with Sean Connery. His books are by far better than the movies.

P M Prescott said...

Shari, try Toney Roberts regular books not the Casca.

P M Prescott said...

I'm glad you like the oldies but goodies, Judy.

Tanith Davenport said...

I certainly agree with you on Asimov. He was always a favourite.

P M Prescott said...

Tanith, glad we share that.