About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Monday, December 02, 2019

Hank Bruce

West side authors in Albuquerque have resurrected a writing group gone to ground for ten years. It's named Writer2writers. We have a fb group page with over 120 members, not all live in NM. So far only yours truly and three others have shown up, but we were part of the core of the group back in the day. Today I'm showcasing Hank Bruce and his works. I've mentioned him and some of his books in earlier posts.




Hank is working hard to promote a special tree. It grows in the tropics, where most of the world hunger also lives. Every part of this tree is edible and nutritious. 
The tree has: 7 times the vitamin C as oranges, 3 times the iron as spinach, 3 times more potasium as bananas, 4 times the vitamin A as carrots, 4 times the calcium and 2 times the protein as milk.
Hank has nursing homes and people all over the place grow seedlings and then sends them to places in need of food. 
He wrote this book in children's form as it's the easiest way to get information across and remembered. It's not available on Amazon. He has a non-profit that sends them out to the Peace Corp and other non-profit groups for free.
In the ten+ years since I first learned of this tree I've come across Moringa tea, and in the pharmacy of the local Wal-Mart Moringa tablets and flour.
Slowly but surely the word is getting out about this amazing new food source.
I've posted other books he has out at my wordpress blog. 

No comments: