About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Tuesday, January 09, 2024

WC010924: Celebrity I'd like to meet.


 
Today's challenge is the celebrity I'd like to meet.

Hands down Linda Ronstadt.

Halloween 1979, first year of marriage and didn't have two nickels to rub together. 

Linda came to town for a concert, and I was ready to sell blood or rob a bank to buy a ticket. Wife had more sense and kept me in check.

Newspaper had pictures of her performance and she came out in a skeleton suit singing Heat Wave

Sweet Linda, I have her rock albums and CD's, her Trio albums with Dolly Parton and Emily Lou Harris, and her big band CD's. On Spotify I can listen to her to my heart's content. Read her book Simple Dreams.

10 comments:

George said...

Brilliant.

Aymee said...

She is a fabulous choice!

My post

P M Prescott said...

Thanks, George.

P M Prescott said...

I think so too, Aymee.

Lydia said...

Very nice! It’s too bad you didn’t get to go to her concert.

P M Prescott said...

Wife and I commiserate. She missed Elvis and I missed Linda.

Berthold Gambrel said...

And I would add she's one of the few people who have performed both Gilbert & Sullivan operettas and Warren Zevon rock songs. :)

P M Prescott said...

She did rock, country, ballads, light opera, swing, duets and trios then added Spanish, a true wonder.

P M Prescott said...

It was a really good biography, Yogi.

Priscilla King said...

Love is a rose...Nice choice. Nice voice.