About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Tuesday, August 08, 2023

WC080923 The Strangest Dream I've Had Recently

 


The Strangest Dream I've had recently.


A few days ago, I woke up from a dream, where my wife and daughter died in a car crash. It's natural to dream of the unthinkable off and on. Usually, you imagine what you'd do or react to the situation.

I started imagining how I would do their memorial service. I did my mother's two years ago and remembered a number of pictures I couldn't find that I wanted in her remembrance.

This had me choosing pictures of my wife and daughter. There are tons of them. What struck me is that there are very few of my wife alone. Almost all of them are with family, children or with me.

Recently for her birthday I bought her a white peasant top with colorful embroidery, and she loves it and has been wearing it a lot.

I've decided the next time she wears it I'll take her picture and start taking other pictures from time to time of just her. 


10 comments:

George said...

I've found recently when my Nanna passed that there were very few pictures of her alone - and in general. Makes me wish we'd taken the time to take more. Such a good idea Patrick!

Lydia said...

What a good idea.

I’m glad your bad dream spurred you to do this.

P M Prescott said...

Thank you, George

P M Prescott said...

I'm glad that you're glad, Lydia.

Stephen said...

I've read that sometimes dreams are a way of our brain rehearsing how it might response to different crisis scenarios. I've had dreams similar to yours. I know it's always a relief to wake up and discover that it's not reality!

P M Prescott said...

Yes it is, Stephen.

Michael Mock said...

That sounds like a legitimately scary dream; I can see how it would have jarred you into taking a fresh look at things. Dreams are weird...

P M Prescott said...

They sure are, Michael

Tanith Davenport said...

A very good idea. I found after my mother passed that I had almost no photos of her - neither she nor my dad liked having their pictures taken, and I wish I'd taken more.

P M Prescott said...

Thanks for sharing, Tanith.