About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Tuesday, July 04, 2023

WC 070523: How I stay cool during heat waves.

 


The challenge today is timely as we're in a heat wave in the high 90's and triple digits right now.

My way to stay cool is to water early in the morning my flower beds, weed a bit and then take a shower.

I stay in the house with the swamp cooler which keeps the bedroom area cool. The living room used to be a problem, but we recently installed a three-speed ceiling fan and with it on high it keeps the living room and kitchen livable. Nice to have solar panels on the house so I don't worry about the electric bill.

If I have to go out my car has a good air conditioner and I park as close to where I'm going as I can.

It won't be long until our monsoon hits and the rains cool things down. Then wife and I will start taking walks around the neighborhood again.

8 comments:

Lydia said...

I hope you get relief from the heat soon.

P M Prescott said...

Thanks Lydia.

George said...

That ceiling fan sounds like heaven.

P M Prescott said...

It's been a lifesaver.

Tanith Davenport said...

I also have solar panels, so yes, at least there's that when I'm collapsing in the humidity. I wish we had proper aircon over here.

Priscilla King said...

I send you thoughts of rain and even snow. Would send some of the actual rain if I could.

P M Prescott said...

Tanith, nice to know you solar, wish you luck with AC

P M Prescott said...

There's no complaining when it raining in New Mexico. Lately we've had clouds, but no rain, and that cuts down on the solar power's efficiency.