About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Tuesday, April 25, 2023

WC042623 Films to watch when you've had a bad day

 


Today's challenge is films to watch when you're having a bad day.

1. Addam's Family. I had a really difficult year with multiple problems at school and with my family. This movie came out and I laughed all the way through it. Leaving the theater I told my wife, "I needed that."

2. The Fifth Element. Whenever my wife got home on a Friday and we were both stressed to the limit. I'd look at her and say "Big Badda Boom." She'd nod and we'd get lost in that world.

3. History of the World Part I, my wife loves "Quick Time Harch." I like the line, "It's good to be the King."

4. Young Frankenstein. I laugh all the way through it no matter how many times I see it. 

5. Becker. I bought the entire series on DVD's. Whenever we need to laugh, we watch a number of shows.

6. The WKRP in Cincinnati Thanksgiving episode. 

7. Laurel and Hardy's Box set of their TV show, love Who's on First.

8. Rita Rudner's HBO special: Married Without Children. "Refrigerator blindness."

9. Red Skelton Box set, none of his guest stars could keep a straight face.

10. Carol Bernett Show Box set. Tim Conway was pure genius.

It was with regret I threw away all I had of Bill Cosby. His jokes stopped being funny. You listen to the speaker not the speech.


17 comments:

Lydia said...

The Addam’s Family is a great suggestion! I haven’t seen the rest yet, but I’ll keep an eye out for them.

P M Prescott said...

Lydia, you have never had a laugh that leaves you rolling until you see the Turkey episode. You can see it on Utube.

Michael Mock said...

The Fifth Element made my list, too, and Mel Brooks is never a bad choice. I hadn't thought about TV shows, but WKRP Thanksgiving... OHHHH, yes.

Stephen said...

I watched Laurel and Hardy vhs tapes as a youngun. I didn't realize they'd done a Who's on First sketch, though!!

P M Prescott said...

Michael, Fifth Element never gets old, and WKRP was a great series.

P M Prescott said...

Stephen, if you've never heard or seen Who's on first, you need to find it fast. I'm sure Utube has it. It was their signature, done on radio, in their movies and on TV

George said...

Some great choices, especially The Fifth Element and Addams Family.

kel@rewritingkel said...

Fifth Element. Such a great movie. Thanks for sharing your list.

Priscilla King said...

Love the Addams Family!

P M Prescott said...

Thanks, George.

P M Prescott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
P M Prescott said...

Thanks, Kel

P M Prescott said...

It's classic, Priscilla.

Tanith Davenport said...

I keep meaning to watch Young Frankenstein. It's on my list.

P M Prescott said...

Tanith, to me Mel's best.

Berthold Gambrel said...

Excellent choices! Fifth Element is just great; I might be watching it again some time soon.

P M Prescott said...

Thanks, Berthold.