About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Monday, July 27, 2020

TTT 072820

Todays topic is a FREEBIE.


I'm going to offend some people here. I know that sex, politics and religion are taboo at a party and in a way that's what TTT is; a party of book lovers. To all the members who live outside the United States, I apologize. To all who are offended and support the money grubber in chief, my pleasure. 
There's a book I read 16 years ago that rings true today more than then. Back then it was a warning of what was happening by a man who was on the receiving end of Karl Rove's dirty tricks. Jim Hightower was publicly arrested for embezzlement a week before his reelection in Texas. The week after the election the charges were dropped. He lost the election. One of the many ways the Republicans have been gaming the system to win elections.
The 2017 tax law, that none of the members of congress were allowed to read before voting on it, raising taxes on the working class and gave the wealthy trillions in tax cuts, the pandemic relief bill that gave the average tax payer $1,200 dollars and major corporations got billions, many received funds like the cruise lines that aren't U.S. corporations.
Today with Portland being invaded by Trump's storm troopers and now Albuquerque has 35 of them, when we aren't even having protests. It's spot on. The title says it all.
As Hightower says it's time to get rid of the Congress Critters.



16 comments:

Lydia said...

I couldn't agree with you more!

Thanks for stopping by my post.

Stephen said...

Most bills aren't read before passing -- and when Rand Paul introduced a bill to force Congress to read bills in full before a vote, it was dismissed. Personally I think changing Congress is a bit like reforming Hell.....it's not the leadership but the nature of the place that's the problem!

P M Prescott said...

Thanks Lydia.

P M Prescott said...

Stephen, Machiavelli in The Discourses said about the same.

Carla Loves to Read said...

I am not American, but live in Canada so follow US politics. Everything going on right now scares me. You are right, bills are passed based on partylines, not what people truly understand or believe.

P M Prescott said...

Thanks, Carla.

Greg said...

No argument here! I hope Americans are paying attention but I fear many are not...

P M Prescott said...

So true, Greg.

Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse said...

Not offended at all! Thanks for sharing.

P M Prescott said...

You're welcome, Deanna.

Araganónima said...

From here in the UK, a lot of people are looking at the USA and laughing. Here, though, we're going down the same roads and we're just as blind. Great post, and thanks for stopping by my blog earlier today!

P M Prescott said...

Thanks for coming by, Araganonima.

Laura at Library of Clean Reads said...

I live in Canada and we are very much aware of what's happening in the States. There is no good government out there, if you ask me.

P M Prescott said...

Where the Democrats are in power they are acting reasonably. The problem is the entrenched Republicans. Thanks for coming by Laura.

Aj @ Read All The Things! said...

It’s sad how many Trump warning signs were overlooked and ignored. I might need to read that book.

Aj @ Read All The Things!

P M Prescott said...

Thanks for coming by, Aj.