- The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien, read Lord of the Rings on my own summer after 8th grade.
- The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe by CS Lewis. Read the rest of the series on my own, went on to read Screwtape Letters, Surprised by Joy and others of his.
- The Pit and the Pendulum, The Purloined Letter and other Edgar Allan Poe short stories.
- My Shadow Ran Fast by Bill Sands. Autobiography of an abused boy who became a convict and his rehabilitation.
- Black Like Me by John Howard Griffin.
- Autobiography of Malcolm X by Malcolm X and Alex Haley
- The Passover Plot by Hugh J. Shoenfield, this was in sociology class. The class had very lively discussions.
- Hiroshima by John Hersey
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- 1984 by George Orwell, read Brave New World and Animal Farm by Huxley on my own.
Wednesday, August 28, 2019
Top ten books I liked from literature class
Okay, here goes: Junior high and High school in the late 60's early 70's. Woodstock generation. I was a jock, not a hippie, but my teachers were.