About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Thursday, September 05, 2013

Found a Printer

I put out a post on my Writers 2 Writers fb page for a local printer that could do what Lightning Source is doing. Gerdean O'Dell and Jill Lane recommended Print Express and LithExcel and I appreciate their recommendations. I can now print my books at 50.00 for an ISBN and a 6X9 book of 200 pages will run $4.00 per book. I can pick them up so there's no shipping. If I buy ten books it comes to less than a hundred dollars. I sell the ten books at ten bucks each which breaks me even, but I can buy more and I'll be making 60% profit from that point on.. I'm not looking to make a killing off printed books, just want to have some and go back to doing book signings. I can still price the e-books at .99 or up to 2.99. This way if those at a book signing don't have the money they can always buy them at home.
At this price over time I can re-print Optimus: Praetorian Guard, print Human Sacrifices and Vander's Magic Carpet.
Not sure about the children's book Friends Forever I publish for Anne Littlewolf, but we're working on some senior picture books that this should work for.
A whole new world jut opened up for me, ain't it great?

2 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I am just fascinated on your posts about getting your books printed. It is a whole new era for writers it seems to me (not that I know a dang thing about it.) I love how you are taking control of the whole process and evaluating your various options.

P M Prescott said...

Thanks Yogi.