About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Working on the book

I've completely redone my opening to Bona Dea and the main idea of the story. I realized that what I had was fine for a short erotic story, but it needed to be toned down and have a different message for a novel. I'm happy with it so far. Up to 12,000 words so I'm kind of jumping the gun for NaNoWriMo, but the whole idea is to get to 50,000 words. I'll be happy to get to that milestone by the end of the month, but it'll take a bit more time to get it up to 100,000 by the time its ready for publication.
I still have The Fan Plan to work on and someday I'm going to write that novel on the life of Matthew Fontaine Maury, not to mention the sequel to Optimus. Wow so much to write!

4 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Doesn't sound like you are retired to me. You are going to have to get a job to rest from your writing.

Unknown said...

Don't retire, P M! :)

P M Prescott said...

Yogi, when I'm driving down to Los Lunas or up to Bernalillo to deliver pleadings and fighting traffic I remember the days when I walked to my classroom and back and made much more per hour. But the students are better off with young and vibrant over old and crabby.
Still I have a nice office and plenty of quiet to sit and write most days and if I want to hit the links during the week at lower rates and fewer waits at the tee box it all washes out.

P M Prescott said...

Michael all I have to do is stay home for a day or two and I'm more than happy to get back to the office or golf course. I have a very low boredom threshold.