About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Mixed Bag

We're stuck with another governor veto, but only lost one congressional seat. I'm sure she'll invite the mouthpiece from Alaska to hunt wolves from helicopters down here to piss off environmentalists.
Hats off to Russ Sype for working tirelessly for Martin Heinrich the past two elections as a volunteer on the technical side.
Jimmy Carter in his interview with Bill Maher last week said he thought if the Republicans take control of House they'd have to start being responsible. I thing he's been a great former president a wonderful humanitarian, but is a lousy politician and even worse historian. Since 1994 the last thing the Reptilians have been is responsible. They have made an art of blaming everyone else for their mess and this election is another prime example. As Paul Krugman says, "It's always heads they win, tails you lose."

4 comments:

Unknown said...

President Carter, on balance, is a very moral man and I would enjoy having a conversation with him. he has shocked me on occasion with his support of the Dubai Ports deal as an example. He has a tremendous IQ. However, he is too trusting. Bill Maher I could do without--very depressing. Plus I hate politics. Sarah Palin is also discouraging.

P M Prescott said...

It's a sad fact of history that the most moral of political leaders are the most foolish for what you pointed out, too trusting.

Unknown said...

Yes, sometimes, even the good hearted must be wise, PM. I like President Carter. He is seeking to make contributions to life even out of the Oval Office. He is a consensus builder. But sadly, Begin and Sadat were later assassinated. We live in a brutal world. So, I focus on the Hope that former Presidents bring to the table with their Philanthropy.

P M Prescott said...

So sad that peacemakers are always silenced by bullets.