About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

An Award








Yogi was generous and has awarded me with the Best Blog Award. He's a rather recent addition to my friends list, but is quite welcome and I'm grateful for the award, as well as his interest in buying a copy of Optimus. I'd like to pass this on to Bruce, but Yogi beat me to it.

I'm now supposed to award 15 friends with this award. I'm not sure I have that many loyal blog followers, but here goes.

1. How could I possibly hand out an award like this and not pass it on to my mother? Here's to the woman that no matter what is always on the go.
2. Though she hasn't felt like posting in some time, I do live with her and she reads what I write, so my next award goes to Grinnygranny.
3. So many of my friends seem to be from Oklahoma and Brian at audience of 1 almost makes me want to teach in that state of tornados just to be under his administration. I can't talk him into moving out here. Many of the other bloggers I comment with I met on his blog. he's a special friend. He used to post prolifically, but alas life got in the way: he's now happily married and doesn't post much anymore. I did send him a copy of Optimus when it was first published and he was so gracious to write a review that I've posted on my blog. He more than deserves this award.
4. Another blogger friend that life has interrupted the level of posting is Irina at ignoble experiment. She's just finished taking her bar exam in New York State and is most likely on pins and needles to find out if she passed. Here's wishing her well on her law career and she most definitely deserves this award.
5. Streak is someone I met off of Bruce's blog. He's a fellow Okie and has many good political posts.
6. Yikes is a lobbyist in Washington DC. She has the best political cartoon roundup every Sunday. Always a good visit. Being even more disappointed in Obama's performance so far, she really deserves this award.
7. I've mentioned Michael Prescott numerous times. I enjoy reading his mystery novels. His blog always has enlightened though long winded comments. He's really into parapsychology, which I'm kind of so-so on, but lately he's been posting about the Oxfordian theory of Shakespeare authorship. His post comparing Polonius in Hamlet to William Cecil, Lord Burleigh, Elizabeth's chief minister was very enlightening.
8. It's a shame that so many of the friends I've enjoyed reading and commenting with seem to be getting a life and have slowed down on blogging. Thurman at Xpatriated Texan isn't as prolific as he used to be, but he was the first blogger I read that made sense on proposing expanding Medicare to the general population, which would be so much better than the bills being debated in Congress right now.
9. Russ is one of the curmudgeons. He has much on his plate right now and many in his shoes would pull the covers over their head and hide. If anyone deserves this award it is him. I salute you Russ for deciding that instead of hiding you'll express yourself by posting even more.
10. Woody is the other local curmudgeon. His language is a bit rough, and in the last post some of it rubbed off on me. (Mom will thoroughly chastise me for that). At first when I started reading him I thought he was just a little too far left for me, but the more I see what he says actually coming to pass I'm starting to lean his way. Hippies forever.
11. Out of the cornfield is a curmudgeon we're looking forward to meeting whenever he can make it down here for a brew or two. He keeps me posted on what's happening in Colorado.
12. Anything Adirondak used to live in NM, but now he's way back east. He's decided that Bruce is at least one Baptist preacher he agrees with, likes to talk cars (he's a salesman), posts great pictures of colorful mountains, has videos of aspiring musicians and is the eternal optimist when it comes to health care. Believe it or not I think he's right.
13. I'm giving this award to Ms Penni posthumously.
14. Auntypesty will get the award whenever she starts posting again.
15. My most loyal reader and commenter is Michael Manning. I can't remember how we stumbled upon each other, but it has been a joy over the years to read his posts from Friday night movies, Steve McQueen Film Festival (coming up by the way). His wonderful work with children stricken with cancer, and others with various illnesses he empathizes with, his interviews with top CEO's of airlines and other fields. He deserves ten of these awards.

Okay, not it's up to you to pass the award along to others that you're friends with.

8 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Looks like a great list. I'll be going through them in my quest for the new and different.

Unknown said...

PM: MY jaw dropped open! I am in such wonderful company and it always so enjoyable to stop by here. Thank you for your always gracious compliments. But most important, thank you for your friendship! All the Best, my friend! :D)

One Fly said...

Thank you for that PM!!!
OF

P M Prescott said...

Yogi, I hope you find new friends.

P M Prescott said...

Michael, I'm glad you're impressed.

P M Prescott said...

OF, you're welcome.

Woody (Tokin Librul/Rogue Scholar/ Helluvafella!) said...

Thanks for the nod and wink (which are one and the same to a blind horse, as some dirty ol hippie singer once crooned...I appreciate being held in such estimable company...

P M Prescott said...

Here's a nod and a wink back, Woody.