About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Nice Lunch

  • Took Mom to lunch today, we ate at a nice little Tai restaurant. I saw her fish and she's looking forward to having a dog soon. She took daughter to get a haircut after our lunch and I went golfing. Beautiful day for it. 
  • Albuquerque has anti-weather. Whatever weather the rest of the country is having, ours is the opposite. The news is full of cold temperatures, snow and ice in the South. We're in the mid 50's sunshiny and no wind.
  • My dream car has always been the Dodge Challenger. I wanted one so bad when I was in high school and college, but buying any car was out of reach in those days. When I first saw the new version I told Grinnygranny I was going to get one. After all she got her Mustang -- her dream car. Then when they come out they sell for 35 grand to start. You can buy two mustangs for that. What gives! Come on Dodge, put in a V6, plain jane it down and sell them like hotcakes just like Ford. You can keep the high end models for the hot rodders, but there are plenty of us old guys that would love a sweet ride again.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

They are attractive. I think you need a V-8 tough P M. I have a hard time seeing you in a V-6 :)

P M Prescott said...

I would love a V-8, bring back the days when I had a '77 Camaro with a 350. What a sweet ride. It's been six bangers ever since I've had kids.