About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Wednesday, August 31, 2022

WC Plot Line

 

Today's challenge is: Plot line or theme you refuse to watch.

I watched one season of Criminal Minds. Wife and I decided we did not want to understand or think like serial killers.

I watched Psycho as a teenager. That was enough, no mad slasher movies that tally up dead teenagers caught having sex.

I've watched almost all of Alfred Hitchcock's other movies and not had a problem.

I'm turned off by what passes as humor in movies today. Someone playing with a man's intestines thinking it's a movie prop is sad, not funny. Seeing women trying on bride's maid's dresses and having diarrhea is gross not funny.

I watched Carrie and have never read anything of Steven King's horror books or seen any other of his movies. My brother made me watch The Green Mile while I visited him, I could have done without the part of the guy being electrocuted painfully. I do own a copy of his book on writing.

I enjoyed reading Anne Rice's vampire, mummies, and other supernatural books, she wasn't gross or trying to freak you out. Her historical novels Cry to Heaven and Feast of All Saints are wonderful. 

8 comments:

Lydia said...

Yeah, I don’t like that kind of humour either. Good answers.

P M Prescott said...

You got that right, Lydia.

Snapdragon said...

I don't like gross out humor or anything that there just to be shocking.

P M Prescott said...

With you on that, Marianna

Tanith Davenport said...

I agree with you on gross-out humour. I've never liked it and avoid it at all costs.

Michael Mock said...

Gross-out humor, or humiliation humor -- neither of them work for me, and either will make me "nope out" of a story. (I think I made it all of three minutes into American Pie before I shut it right back off, for example.) Good answers.

P M Prescott said...

Nice to be in agreement, Tanith.

P M Prescott said...

Thanks, Michael