About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Wednesday, April 06, 2022

Wednesday Challenge

 


Today's challenge is: What is my unique talent? Analysis.


To this I give credit to Mrs. Jamar, my American and World literature professor at Wayland Baptist University. May she rest in peace. She worked my ass off, and all of her students in analysis. This helped me while teaching history, as it's the purpose of history to analyze the present with similar situations in the past and be able to predict the future. (Think banks requiring credit history which tells them your credit future). It helped me teaching literature and getting students to discover the theme of a story, not just the plot.

It has helped me as a writer to analyze my own work and make it better.





I Maury: Life and Times of a Rebel - Kindle edition by Prescott, Patrick. Literature & Fiction Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.


5 comments:

Michael Mock said...

The ability to do solid, thorough analysis is so incredibly useful!

Lydia said...

What a great talent to have.

There are a few people in my life who really struggle with analyzing things. It makes it very difficult for them to do stuff like think critically about what they see on TV or tell the difference between an ad for a product and actual scientific information.

I am glad you have a sharp mind.

Judy said...

What a great talent! I loved research, but not so sure I was great on the actual analysis part of the research. My post is here if you want to stop by.

Shari Elder said...

Analytical thinking and analysis helps with everything!

Tanith Davenport said...

That's a very useful talent to have.