About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Friday, January 28, 2022

Coming up for air

 Wow, last post was September. I've been writing furiously on my autobiography of Mathew Fontaine Maury. I'm doing a proof of the entire skeleton at present. I have some fleshing out on the times part of the life and times, which requires me to do more research. 

Thanks to Berthold Gambrel who has been a great friend and has given some good advice after reading portions of the book.



Berthold did a review of Isaac Asimov's Foundation today. Did it ever bring back memories. Asimov was a giant in my life. I read the Foundation Trilogy in 9th grade, a year after Lord of the Rings. 

I read everything I could get my hands on of him at used bookstores, Science Fiction Book Club, Isaac Asimov's essays on science in Amazing Science Fiction magazine, and libraries. I subscribed to the Isaac Asimov magazine. I've barely scratched the surface of his prodigious writing well into the grumpy old man stage. 

2 comments:

Berthold Gambrel said...

Thanks for the kind words, and glad to hear you're making progress on the Maury book! Really looking forward to it.

Lydia said...

It’s great to hear from you again! I’m glad your book is going well.