About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Wednesday, April 07, 2021




 Todays topic is books I've chosen based on cover or title.



The first of many James Clavell books. I'd seen the cover in bookstores and news stands and it looked interesting. When it was announced that there was a min-series of it I bought it and read it before the mini-series started. I've read everything by Clavell since then and loved all of his books.




Fellow member of Writers2writers here in Albuquerque wrote this special book after seven women's bodies and one fetus were discovered buried on the West Mesa of Albuquerque. It's a tribute to the families of those who lost their daughters.





The first book in this series has the most eye catching cover and I just had to read the book. I've read every book in the series to date and eagerly awaiting the next.




Tony Roberts has the franchise on the Casca series and I've read all of the 25+ that he's written. He came out with a elf fantasy series, Dark Blade, and the covers caught my eye. They're not the usual type of covers. They are painting done in expressionist style. I really like them. I've read and re-read these books three times. They are fantastic.




11 comments:

Judy said...

Interesting choices!!

P M Prescott said...

Thanks

Lydia said...

Daughters of the West Mesa has been on my TBR ever since I read your first post about it here. Someday I will read that book!

Shari Elder said...

A Dark Elf series using expressionist paintings for the cover. I love it. Daughters of the Mesa is a great mitzvah, which is Jewish for good deed, but its more than that. Glad to see it hear.

P M Prescott said...

It's a good book, Lydia.

P M Prescott said...

Thanks, Shari.

Marianne Arkins said...

Isn't it great when the inside of a book lives up to the outside's promise? Sounds like yours did!

P M Prescott said...

They sure did

Wendi Zwaduk and Megan Slayer said...

Fascinating choices.

Tanith Davenport said...

Those certainly look interesting.

P M Prescott said...

Thank you.