This weeks challenge is: Best no-book gift for a friend.
1. An audio book, not the same as a book shelf book.
2. Book marks. Any types: paper ones, fancy ones, metal clips, etc. You can advertise your own books by printing up book marks and giving them away.
3. A desk top book shelf. They hold maybe four or five books without taking up too much space.
4. A costume of their favorite character.
5. A book themed birthday party.
6. Spending hours trying to out quote each other from favorite books, by memory.
7. Writing a comment after your friend writes a review and posts it.
8. Buying your friend's book.
9. Posting a review of your friend's book and posting it on Amazon.
10. Lending an ear when they're in writer's block or asking for advise.
Great list. #4 is an especially inspired idea. :)
A costume of their favourite character is a great idea!
Glad you liked it, Lydia.
Love the ideas of a book-themed birthday party (or any party) and a friendly quote competition.
Glad you liked the ideas, Shari.
There are so many great gifts for people who are fans these days -- like a costume. Good idea!
Thanks, Marianne. Glad you liked it.
I think book marks are great gifts. We are in a decluttering mode so we don't really want for anything. I've wondered for years what to do with cards people give me birthday and such. I take scissors and cut them into bookmarks so now I have plenty of them.
Oooh, I like the idea of a desktop book shelf!
Great idea, Yogi.
I used to have one in college, Michael, it finally fell apart twenty years later. It' was nice.
I like the costume Idea. We had that as a theme for the library, wear your favorite book character to the library and check out books. Smart!
Megan, that's a great idea for libraries.
Since I'm currently working on having mine converted to audio, I agree on the audiobooks. My mother was blind and they were a godsend.
I'm so glad to hear that, Tanith.
The quoting challenge sounds like fun!
Post a Comment