About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Friday, January 03, 2014

A Colonel's Suggestion.

Had a tooth pulled yesterday. It started hurting Tuesday night and I thought sinus pressure was responsible. Wednesday (New Year's Day) face was swollen making me look like a chipmunk on one side of my face. Went to the dentist and had to call Mom and Melissa to take me home. Damn getting old sucks!
When I was a junior in high school I had a tooth removed in the morning and missed my ROTC class. At lunch I went to the building and of course the Colonel wanted to know why I wasn't in class. When I told him he suggested I  go home. Naturally I went to my afternoon classes then track practice where I ran eight miles. I went back to the ROTC building where the Colonel then read me the riot act for not doing as he suggested. When I went home and told Dad how mad the guy got he said, "Full bird colonels don't give orders, they make suggestions and expect them to be obeyed." Wish I had the stamina now that I did then.

No comments: