About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Sunday, August 01, 2010

Slowly it goes

Mom doesn't snap back from illnesses as quickly as before. I've spent most of the last few days with her fixing her something to eat and other things. She's still weak, but starting to feel better.
I'm sending son and his family over today so they can get her some groceries while wife and I go to church.

The attorney I work for gave me a book, Trying Cases to Win: Voir Dire and Opening Arguments by Herbert J. Stern, and he's paying me five hours to read it. The one good thing of spending those days with Mom was it gave me time to read. It's five hundred pages so I guess he figured a hundred pages an hour. It was so full of legaleze that some parts I had to read two or three times to figure out what he was saying. By and large though since it's for the opening and summation that he's hired me to help him it's what I needed to read.

No comments: