About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Wednesday, May 10, 2023

WC051023: A story about my first crush.

 


Hmmm? A story about my first crush.

Fantasy Crushes:

I remember watching one of the first Saturday Night at the Movies, How to Marry a Millionaire with Lauren Bacall and Marilyn Monroe. I was around eight years old, and I loved Marilyn. Then it was Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's. Don't get me started on Raquel Welsh in 100 Rifles standing under a train water tank in a wet top. Other crushes include Diana Rigg, Farrah Fawcet, Morgan Fairchild, and many more.

Okay real down to earth girls and women I've been infatuated with. Starting in 7th grade. In band there was KG, she looked 21 at 13. Eye candy, but don't even think about it! Every senior in high school knew about her, not much hope for a prepubescent boy sitting across from her in the simi-circle playing clarinet. She was also one of the most stuck up and insufferable classmates I knew until we graduated high school, she was naturally prom queen.

I sat next to JS in band playing clarinet. She was friendly and for the first school sock hop I asked if she would go with me and she said yes. The day of the dance she passed me a note saying she wouldn't. I was crushed. The next year she moved away. Side not here. Years later wife is in hospital after delivering our son, I was with her and a nurse brings Edward for wife to feed, and JS is the nurse.


I sat next to VT in a number of classes in 8th grade. She was friendly and looked great in a mini skirt. I danced with her at school sock hops, but in 9th grade. I asked her to go to a dance hosted by DeMolay's, which I belonged to, she refused. She was staunchly Catholic, and I was rabid Baptist.

In high school there was RC, my lab partner in Chemistry, but she had a boyfriend.

SV was the most pleasant girl I've ever met. We had Latin class together and there was a mutual friendship. I was going with a girl from church, and SV was a year behind me, I also ran track with her brother. Senior year girlfriend was going to UNM, and she dumped me for college boys. I asked SV to our JROTC dining out on Kirkland Air Force Base. The only time we dated. She already had a date for prom, so I asked another girl I was friendly with for that dance. I still remember her fondly, what kept us apart was she was Mormon, and I was still a rabid Baptist.

In college there were a number of really great looking women. The one I and most of the men on a campus of only fifteen hundred students fell head over heels for was RB. Great face, fantastic body and friendly, not stuck up at all.

For a year I tried to get the courage to ask her out and chickened out every time. Sophomore year I got the courage, she said yes, and we went to a concert. I was scared stiff and couldn't think of a thing to say the whole date. It was the only time I was tongue tied on a date. Never had the courage again. 

9 comments:

Lydia said...

I wonder what all of your crushes are doing today? :)

It’s cool that JS was your wife’s postpartum nurse.

Stephen said...

I've seen Raquel Welch on SNL, and I aabbbbbsolutely understand.

P M Prescott said...

Lydia, I prefer to see them as they were in my mind. RB was at a couple of reunions.

P M Prescott said...

Stephen, glad we agree.

Kel James said...

I grew up in a small town where some crushes/exes ended up being a part of my older adult life and it wasn't weird to me but was to my husband for the short time we lived in my hometown after we were married.

Priscilla King said...

Lot of hot actresses in 1970s TV...

P M Prescott said...

Priscilla, you got that right.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Raquel Welch was the bomb.
I had crushes at both high schools I attended and at UNM and where I worked for a while.
Nothing every came of them.

P M Prescott said...

She sure was, Yogi.