About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Wednesday, May 17, 2023

WC 051723 Non book related hobbies.

 


Today's challenge is non book related hobbies. 

1. I've spent a lot of time in my front yard the last couple of weeks replacing a nearly dead lilac bush and rose bushes that died over the winter. My back yard is a constant battle against tumble weeds, goat heads and other problem native plants at the same time encouraging native flowers to cover a big dry area. Digging up weeds, planting new plants and spending time watering keep me pretty tired.

2.Trying to do daily walks around the neighborhood since I've dropped the gym.


6 comments:

George said...

They say walking is the best form of exercise you can do, so if you can turn that into a hobby, then I think you're winning at life!

Kel James said...

I wish yard work/gardening was a hobby of mine because there is so much that needs to be done in my yard and that I want to do in my yard to make it look better.

Lydia said...

I like your hobbies. I’ll bet your yard is going to look really nice this summer.

Priscilla King said...

Walking and gardening are good! They feed the writing brain!

Stephen said...

Both of those sound good! It's always nice to be outside when one can.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I admire you cuz I hate yard work. Digging out bushes is hard work. You don't need a gym membership if you regularly do such things.