About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Top Ten: Title changes

This week is book titles I'd change the name.
I'm fudging with plays and movies too.

1. Romeo and Juliet to Horny Teenagers

2. Julius Caesar to Noble Brutus

3. King Lear to King Fool

4. The Lion in Winter to Henry and Eleanor

5. Moby Dick to Call Me Ishmael

6. A Streetcar Named Desire to Stella

7. On the Waterfront to I Coulda Been a Contender

8. Bob and Carol and Ted and Alice to Wife Swap

9. Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolfe? to Squabbling Spouses 

10. Don Quixote to Tilting at Windmills 




16 comments:

Lydia said...

Tilting at Windmills is a fantastic title. So descriptive. :)

My TTT.

P M Prescott said...

Thanks, Lydia. You had some good ones too.

Cora - Tea Party Princess said...

Oh my goodness your list made me laugh so much, especially the suggestion for Romeo and Juliet haha.
Cora | http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/

P M Prescott said...

Glad I made you lauge, Cora

Cindy B said...

All too true!

P M Prescott said...

Thanks Cindy.

Greg said...

These are great. :) I like Tilting at Windmills especially!

keikii Eats Books said...

Well, I definitely can't disagree with any of these 🤣. Good list!

Brittaney said...

These are great! Simple and to the point and perfectly describing the story within.

P M Prescott said...

Glad you came by, Brittany.

Mikky (Nocturnal Predators Reviews) said...

Horny Teenagers sounds like something schools would run away from so I'm definitely for it! I never had to suffer through the book in school but it always sounded like something I wouldn't like so I never gave it a chance :/

P M Prescott said...

Thanks for stopping by, Mikki

Suzanne @ The Bookish Libra said...

Tilting at Windmills is a great one and the one for Romeo and Juliet is perfect and it cracked me up, lol.

P M Prescott said...

Suzanne, glad you liked them.

Barb said...

So your Romeo and Juliet one is classic. Definitely appropriate. I like I Could Have Been a Contender as well but all of them are good!

Tracy said...

I'm cracking up at the change for Romeo and Juliet! So fitting!