Wednesday, October 30, 2019
Things that scare me
Movies and books may startle me or make me squeamish, but that's not what scares me.
These are the things that scare me:
1. My middle aged children can't find jobs that lets them be independent.
2, What will happen to my children when we are gone and they have no safety net.
3. The world my grandchildren are growing up in and the world they will inherit.
4. Medicare and Social Security being slashed or even abolished
5. Another banking crisis where we might lose our home.
6. What's happening to the family farms in this country.
7. The cutting of sports, art, and music in public schools.
8. Teachers having to go on strike for a living wage.
9. Children being separated from their parents, placed in concentration camps and then adopted without parental consent.
10. Living in a nation leaving our allies and standing by to watch genocide while debating whether the President wanted a quid pro quo in the Ukraine.
11. What has made me fear and tremble since November 2016: Donald Trump with the nuclear codes.