About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Sunday potpourri

  • Went to SWWW Saturday morning. There was a ad for a rally about Gay rights. It started off "My God is Your God, and God does not discriminate." I agree that God does not discriminate, but it's like fingernails on a chalkboard when people say "My God" this or "Your God" that. My God denotes ownership, like my car or my house, which is backwards. God created everything and created the process by which we all came into this world. It's people who want to cram God down everyone elses throat that start with the word "My God..."
  • E's truck needs a computer. It's been in the shop for over a week and the part hasn't come in yet. We went back to the guy we bought if from. He wanted us to bring it to him and have his mechanic fix it. I decided to cut my losses and just pay for it. His mechanic would really muck it up, if they could even get the part.
  • Got up this morning and went out to golf. Grinnygranny got to use her new clubs for the first time. She really likes them.
  • Had to send my new Toshiba laptop back to the manufacturer. The screen developed yellow lines and there are no repair shops in New Mexico. It'll be gone for two or more weeks. Really put out about that.

No comments: