About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Monday, September 02, 2019

Six of Crows

Over the past few weeks doing the top ten Tuesdays and Wednesday challenges a few books kept popping up as favorites. One of them was Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. It peaked my interest.
It takes a lot for me to buy an e-book, but sprung for it and even added the audio. It was a wise move. I don't like to do a play by play of book and give my impressions of it. Other reviewers are good and going into an indepth plot development. It's hard to do that without spoilers.



I started reading it, but it was before my cataract surgery and I bogged down. After the surgery I started listening to it. It went much faster. I know its a common technique in literature to break up the story line with back story, but it bugged me while reading. It was easier to listen to it. Once the back story of each character is done and the group is doing the mission impossible trying to abduct a man from an ice prison things start to make sense. Each of the six crows are intriguing and compliment each other as they face obsticle after obsticle. The ending setting up the next book came as a surprise. I enjoyed the story and plan to do the same with the sequel.
From what I can gather an 8 episode series is in the works on Netflix.

2 comments:

Lydia said...

That is so cool! And I had no idea Six of Crows was being adapted for Netflix.

P M Prescott said...

Lydia, I wonder when it will be out.