About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Tuesday, April 11, 2023

WC: 041223: Remedy for the Common Cold.

 






















Today's challenge is: My best home remedy for the Common Cold.

I used to get the cold about three times a season. My remedy then was to fight it. It usually started the day before I had a monthly golf tournament. I'd get up, bundle up in thermal underwear, sweater, warm socks, hoodie and large leather jacket with winter golf gloves.

I loved golfing in the winter. The ground was solid as a rock and my drives would double as they rolled forever.

We rode carts and there would be a Coleman heater in the cup holder with clear plastic covering over the outside of the cart with plastic doors. We'd do 18 holes with minimal time in the cold and wind.

The rest of the week I'd stay in bed, took Tylenol, Dayquil and Nyquil. Ate Chicken Noodle soup, toast and tea for breakfast and weathered it.

I no longer golf, but since I've started using a C-pap machine I haven't had a cold in eight years. I get seasonal allergies, but so far (knock on wood), no flu, colds or Covid.

10 comments:

George said...

The best thing for a cold really is to just fight it in my experience, but there are some things that can make the misery a little more tolerable.

Lydia said...

Huh, interesting! I wonder if getting better sleep helps you fight off germs?

Aymee said...

Sounds like a good way to do it. Work your body in a healthy way and then rest.

P M Prescott said...

George, it seems sometimes that taking cold medicines are only placebos.

P M Prescott said...

Lydia, it dd for me. That's why I'd curl up in bed for a few days. Drove my wife crazy.

P M Prescott said...

Aymee, it worked for me.

Michael Mock said...

I have to admit, "Golf through it" was not a solution I expected to see! But a bit of exercise followed by a lot of rest seems like a solid plan.

P M Prescott said...

Golfer mentality, I'm glad the madness is over.

Priscilla King said...

I'm glad the CPAP is helping you fight the virus!

P M Prescott said...

So am I, Priscilla.