About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Wednesday, December 02, 2020

A day in the life...

 


Today's topic is an average day in my life.


The mundane: Get up test my blood sugar, eat breakfast, get on computer check e-mail, fb, blogger, and friend's blogs. Tuesday is for TTT and Wednesday of for WC. Go outside, clean up dog's mess, every other day fill up bird's feeders, in warm weather water back yard then front yard.


 Take do for a tug, err, walk.

Before pandemic I'd hit the gym. Loved the water aerobics. 

Before noon get in recliner and read or go into my office to write. Since the pandemic started I've been too stressed to do any writing and am doing a lot of reading. 

Get take-out for lunch. There's a fast-food Mexican place called Twisters that makes really good enchiladas and a Twister's Burrito (comes in 1/8,1/4, 1/2 and whole sizes. It's a burrito covered in curly cue fries and red of green chile sauce. A 1/8 is too little and 1/4 is too much. A whole one will feed a family of 3 or 4.)One of the Twisters was used as the El Pollo Hermanos chicken place in Breaking Bad.

Sit down restaurants are out. Wife and I miss going to some of our favorite places. If we feel like splurging we'll order take out, but it's usually lukewarm by the time we get it home.

There's also a Blake's hamburger place within walking distance that has great breakfast burritos and hamburgers. It was prominent in the Breaking Bad series.

After lunch wife wants to watch TV. We do marathons on Netflix, Prime, CBS All Access, Hulu, IMDB.

Snack for supper. Watch more TV.

Being retired my routine hasn't changed much even with the lock down.

Since my mother passed away I've been busy sorting through her possessions and doing all the legal stuff. She's buried with my father in the national cemetery in Santa Fe. Waiting for the pandemic to abate before getting family together for a memorial service.


12 comments:

Lydia said...

That hamburger place sounds amazing, and so does the Mexican place! I miss eating out, too, although takeout is almost as good. :)

You have a nice connection to animals between your daily walks and your bird feeder. They must provide so much entertainment for you.

Which shows have you been watching recently?

P M Prescott said...

Lydia, we were watching JAG, but CBS All Access has shut down for some strange reason. We paid for a year in April and now they want us to subscribe again. Must have something to do with their fight with Dish. We always marvel at how fast those little finches go through the food. Pigeons feed on what falls to the ground. Sammie, my dog, keeps me plenty entertained and is a good lap dog.

Michael Mock said...

I do miss restaurants. {{sigh}} That actually sounds like a pretty nice routine, even with the lockdown.

I'm sorry about your mom, though.

My answer is here. Take good care of yourselves, okay?

Tena Stetler said...

Your restaurants sound wonderful. We do a lot of take out too. Only we pack things we need in our truck, get take out and enjoy it in the truck. That way it's hot and I get out of the house. Sometimes we are joined by the dog and parrot. Hubby still goes to work everyday. He's considered essential personnel. Stay safe. Thanks for sharing. Here's mine. https://www.tenastetler.com/an-average-day-in-my-life-lsrs-weekly-blogging-challenge/

Berthold Gambrel said...

Sounds like a good routine, and like Lydia said, that Mexican place sounds great!

And I know what you mean about being too stressed to write. It's hard to focus on creating imaginary drama with so much going on in real life.

P M Prescott said...

Thanks for you kind words, Michael.

P M Prescott said...

Tena, I hope he's staying safe. My son is essential too working in a pharmacy, but I fear for his safety being with the public all day and handling money.

P M Prescott said...

Berthold, the one thing Albuquerque has in abundance is good Mexican Restaurants. Blake's Lota Burger is not much different than Whataburger, but it's local and it has great breakfast burritos. During Lent they have fried fish with green chile tartar sauce. It's fantastic.

Wendi Zwaduk and Megan Slayer said...

We haven't done much take out because we live far enough away from everything that it's cold by the time we get home. Not good when you're craving a hot hamburger. Sounds like you're happy and have a good routine in retirement. But oh, those dog messes. They pile up. (Ohhhh bad pun intended) I have two dogs and one makes mountains.

Marianne Arkins said...

Every time I read about you getting green chile, I'm jealous as heck.

Here's wishing things go back to normal soon... hang in there!

Tanith Davenport said...

I do miss restaurants, although we get takeout a lot. Please give your dog a rub from me.

P M Prescott said...

She greatly appreciates it, Tanith.