About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

TTT 092920

 

I'm pooped. Hard day today with lots of moving boxes and things. I feel as if I walked 18 holes in hundred degree heat and 90% humidity. Why I'm so late.

Favorite Book Quotes:

1. "The object of war is peace. Preferably a better peace after the war than before." Basil Liddel Hart Strategy.

2. "Behind every successful man is a good woman, and a surprised mother-in-law." Harry Truman Plain Speaking.

3. "You know, Satan has a bad reputation, but you have to say something good about someone who can control half of the world's population and all of the politicians." Mark Twain Tonight.

4. "Golf is a pleasant walk spoiled by a little white ball." Anonymous.







12 comments:

Christopher @ Plucked from the Stacks said...

I love that you included a great quote from Mark Twain Tonight. I haven't thought about that show in a while, but the filmed version is a lot of fun.

Greg said...

I like the golf one. :) And #2 as well!

P M Prescott said...

Christopher, Hal Holbrook did performances of that for years, and every one was different. Twain left a treasure trove of witty sayings.

P M Prescott said...

Greg, Harry Truman had the sharpest mind of all the presidents because he read voraciously.

Lex said...

Amazing list. Politically charged, but with oodles of humor. John Galt gets a makeover and Mark Twin rocks as always.

Lydia said...

I love that golf quote! Too funny.

Poinsettia said...

I love the quote about love and a dog. So true. Thanks for visiting Long and Short Reviews!

P M Prescott said...

Thanks for your comment, Lex.

P M Prescott said...

Glad you liked it, Lydia.

P M Prescott said...

I'm glad you liked it, Poinsettia.

Tena Stetler said...

Wow, that's quite a list. I'll have to check out a few than caught my interest. Thanks for sharing. Here's mine. Thanks for sharing.

P M Prescott said...

You're welcome, Tena.