About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Sunday, September 20, 2020

Hospice

 Today I made the decision to place my mother in hospice. She's been ailing since the middle of August. She's moving in with my family, and I have ten days before having to have all her belongings moved into storage from her apartment.

All that I'm going to have to do when she's gone is staggering. I expected my brother would be able to came and help, but he's out of state and New Mexico has a 14 day quarantine. 

4 comments:

Berthold Gambrel said...

So sorry to hear that, Pat. That's a very difficult decision to have to go through. Best wishes to you and your family.

P M Prescott said...

I'm grateful for your kind comment, Berthold. You're a true friend.

Lydia said...

I'm sorry, Patrick. You and your family are in my thoughts as you go through this difficult time.

P M Prescott said...

I thank the Lord for giving me such a wonderful friend who gives words of solace. They are greatly appreciated, Lydia.