About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Wednesday Challenge: favorite food & recilpe

Wednesday challenge: Favorite food and recipe


I don't cook. I heat. For a couple of years I lived alone and got by with doing easy to fix stuff like Hamburger helper, tuna helper and such.

Here are a couple of things I came up with to heat.

1. Barbeque sloppy joes: Brown a pound of hamburger, smother with French's Cattleman's BBQ sauce, add diced bell pepper, chopped onions or dehydrated onions. Make sandwiches out of it.

2. Pineapple angle food cake: 1 can shredded pineapple, box of angle food cake. Mix pineapple in the cake mix. Bake as directed on the box.

3. Cheese and olive spread: Take a package of Philadelphia Cream Cheese, mix with a small can of diced ripe olives. Mix and let set in the refrigerator of an hour. Use as a spread on bagels, on crackers, as a sandwich.

4. Green Chile dip: 1 package Philadelphia Cream Cheese,  tub of sour crème, package of diced green chili. Mix ingredients, dive in. Got this from a Mexican Restaurant in Farmington, NM.

5. Pan fried fish. Take fileted tilapia or salmon or thawed frozen shrimp (I like larger ones with the tails off) Cook in a skillet in butter or olive oil cover with rosemary and garlic.

6. Spicy spaghetti: Fix noodles, instead of using tomato sauce try on can of El Pato sauce. Add frozen meatballs or ground hamburger or chicken strips.

4 comments:

Lydia said...

That pan fried fish sounds good! How did you come up with the idea to put El Paso sauce in spaghetti instead of the typical spaghetti sauce? I never would have thought to do that, but I can see how that would be good, too.

My post.

P M Prescott said...

In New Mexico we eat everything spicy. Salsa doesn't work and I used El Pato for tacos so made the leap. Thanks for your comment.

Judy said...

Thanks for coming by! I love cream cheese and olives--- it's a staple in my house! And, I think I'm going to try your pan fried fish. I've never thought of doing them that way (and I don't know why... I do shrimp that way). Trying to get more fish into our diet, so that's a good (and easy) way to do it!

P M Prescott said...

Happy to oblige, Judy. Not too many remember the recipes from the commercials on the old Hallmark Hall of Fame shows.