About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Monday, April 20, 2009

The Joys of being a Grandfather

New baby's are wonderful, but they're even more wonderful as grandchildren. Abigail is precious, but with E, C, auntypesty, grinnygranny,  and Mom being there to feed, rock, change diapers it's so much less work for me than when my two came along.
And have things changed since they were born! C had a nice hospital room which had a real wide ledge up against the window, there was a twin mattress on it and E spent the night in the room. A whole lot better than a recliner or chair to sleep in. So far the only one having a hard time is Daniel, who can't understand why he has to be quiet so much. Three year olds are not naturally quiet.
Another perk of being a grandpa is that you can get out of the house and play golf.

I walked the full 18 holes yesterday, normally I walk nine or ride 18. It was tiring. This was the first time I played Kirkland AFB's course. It was nice. You just have to know someone with base privileges to get in. The two guys I've been playing with most of the winter invited me to join them, which was nice. The grass around the greens is coming out. During the winter you can usually putt onto the green, my chipping game is really rusty, but it's still a lot of fun.

The header is the latest painting by Anne Littlewolf. I just love her work.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

P M: You would love the courses here in Scottsdale! Congratulations again on becoming a Grandfather! Wonderful!!:)

P M Prescott said...

One of these days I plan on getting out there and trying them out.