About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

With The Lord



This is how I remember Penni. It's the age she was when I left home to attend college. Not much older than what her daughter is now. She's with the Lord, and as difficult as it will be for us to deal with her loss, there is solace in knowing her ordeal of four years is over and she is at peace.

I am grateful for the many friends who have supported her through this time. Those that left messages on her caringbridge site, had their churches place her on their prayer lists, and offered support in many unnamed or unknown ways.

6 comments:

Irina Tsukerman said...

May she rest in peace and the memories of her always a blessing to everyone who knew her.

P M Prescott said...

Your kind words are greatly appreciated.

Unknown said...

P M: My heart is very heavy for your loss. Through you, I was encouraged to visit Penni's site and learn about her story. Such a beautiful soul, her courage was larger than any menial concern I may have in my own life. She inspired me and made me smile knowing how many lives she surely touched. May the Peace of the Lord give you reassurance and comfort your pain at this tender time, my friend. Penni was an angel. She made an undeniable impression on so many that was Positive and Loving! Amen!!

spookyrach said...

Patrick - I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family have faced some intense struggles and I pray for your continued strength and peace.

You were right about Penni's story. I box of tissues is a must!

God bless you all.

Cannis said...

i may never have met this person but I have heard a lot of her and she must have been a big influence among you guys. I know these might not be exactly encouraging but it is all I know. one thing I will say is that she is a peace now and is no longer hurting at all. My prayers are with you and your family even though I might not be a part of it any more. good night and god bless.

P M Prescott said...

After a long day of driving, it was nice to read the wonderful comments made by Spooky, Michael and Cannis. You all have my sincerest gratitude.