About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Tuesday, July 11, 2023

WC071223: Describe Your Fashion Sense

 


Today's topic: Describe Your Fashion Sense.


Mine depends on the season. Right now (summer), for the most part I'm in cargo shorts, t-shirt or polo and Nike walking shoes, I have multicolored shirts and a number of Cowboys shirts especially #4, also Isotopes for games and Lobos. I'll put on pants and short sleeve shirts and dark walking shoes for church.

In the fall dress pants, long sleeve shirts and maybe a sweater vest for church. The rest of the week a track suit with t-shirt and trainers. I prefer Adidas and have black, navy blue and red for variety. For rain I have a number of wind breakers. It's gotten to where I like an elastic waist band over pants that need a belt. Cowboy's jersey for the games of course. It's seldom the Hobo...err Lobos have a game on TV.

In winter I wear blue and black jeans, sweater or long sleeve shirts with sweater vest inside and blue jean jacket or heavy jacket outside. I have four cowboy hats, but rarely wear them as they don't fit inside a car and it's futile to wear them for a couple of minutes from car to door. For church I wear either one of four corduroy sport coats (navy, black, grey and brown) with blue or black jeans and black cowboy boots with turtleneck or dress shirt and bolo tie.

I also have a black three-piece suit which doubles for formal with a black bow tie, navy suit, grey sport coat and a gold cowboy cut sport coat. I don't wear them much since I'm not in an office and taking papers to the courthouse. They're a little too dressy anymore for church. I have a large collection of ties, but rarely wear them as they are a pain.

 Around the house cotton sweats with heavy socks.

Spring is back to what I wear in fall. 

17 comments:

George said...

Sounds great... and the dog? What's her style like? ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚

P M Prescott said...

George, a thunder jacket, she gets jittery with loud noises, especially fireworks.

George said...

Aww. Poor girl. I can relate, I hate them, too. We had two dogs and every Guy Fawkes or New Years Eve they'd try to get behind the TV for some reason. I've never heard of thunder jackets. Would have been handy. Do they work?

Lydia said...

It’s cool to see a photo of you!

Interchangeable wardrobes make life easier for sure.

Sorry your dog is afraid of fireworks. So many dogs feel that way.

M | RAIN CITY READS said...

I feel like the Wednesday blogger crew have similar takes on fashion - mostly comfort, function and knowing what works for us! I am with your dog on fireworks with the added dislike for the poor air quality they tend to cause and its effect on my asthma! Loud noises definitely make me feel jittery as well. I have cats and the fluffy cuddle ball baby of the family prefers hiding under blankets during thunderstorms and fireworks alike!

P M Prescott said...

George, you get them at a pet store around here. They work some, but she still wants to cuddle and be comforted.

P M Prescott said...

Lydia, it was good to see one of you too.

P M Prescott said...

Fireworks are a problem. I can't believe my neighbors spend such a fortune on aerial bombshells and set them off for four or five hours.

George said...

Aww I'll bet. Poor pup.

P M Prescott said...

She gets pampered. You might check Amazon for the thunder shirt.

George said...

Ah, thanks, Patrick.

Michael Mock said...

That sounds like a nicely versatile, functional wardrobe. I agree that a lot of us seem to have similar priorities, even if our specific tastes aren't the same.

P M Prescott said...

You're right, Michael.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I'm all about shorts and tshirts in the summer. I wear shorts in the spring and fall as well but with long sleeve shirts.

I have only one sport coat that I wear to funerals and other formal affairs. I've given strict orders that that is what I am to buried in.

In cold weather I layer. In hot weather I wear technical fabrics.

P M Prescott said...

Very sensible.

Priscilla King said...

We all dress for comfort, but you deserve some kind of award for displaying the coolest accessory. What a cute dog!

P M Prescott said...

LOL