About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Wednesday, May 05, 2021

WC Fictional Characters

 


Fictional characters I'd like to meet.

I decided to narrow this to ten female characters I'd like to meet. Can you figure out in what story they're from?


1. Cassandra, to ask her about always knowing what's going to happen and not being taken seriously.

2. Penelope, was Odysseus worth waiting for twenty years? 

3. Shahrazad, ask her to tell me more stories. 

4. Dulcinea del Taboso, what it's like to be loved by a lunatic?

5. Lessa, what's it like to talk to dragons?

6. Mina, now you're not a vampire, what's next?

7. Katerina, where you really tamed?

8. Ophelia, was suicide really your only option?

9. Lisa Kelly, can I be your slave?

10. Peggy Olsen, was it worth it to succeed in a man's world?


11 comments:

Lydia said...

What a great list!

Shari Elder said...

Great list and great idea for a list. I could name them all except the last two Lisa Kelly and Peggy Olsen.

P M Prescott said...

Thanks Lydia

P M Prescott said...

Lisa Kelly from Exit to Eden, by Anne Rice. Peggy Olsen from Mad Men.

Judy said...

ah... I got all the Shakespeare references. Thanks for the heads up about the last two!

Wendi Zwaduk and Megan Slayer said...

Very nice. I only got two, so there we go. :-)

P M Prescott said...

You're welcome, Judy.

P M Prescott said...

Better luck next time, Megan.

P M Prescott said...

Casandra from the Iliad. Penelope from the Odyssey. Shahrazad from the Arabian Nights. Dulcinea from Don Quixote. Lessa from Dragon Flight. Mina from Dracula. Katerina from Taming of the Shrew. Ophelia from Hamlet. Already answered 9 & 10.

Tanith Davenport said...

I agree on Mina Harker. I enjoyed the book more than I thought I would.

P M Prescott said...

Thanks