About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Monday, August 19, 2019

Bloggers needed

Lydia has a post today regretting the lack of response posts. She gets tons more comments than I do, but response posts from the old blogger days were different. She explains well so check out her explanation.

I used to have a blogger friend in Oklahoma. He was an assistant principle at a middle school. Every week he'd give a small blurb about his other blogger friends telling what they'd written and leave a link. It was nice to be mentioned. The only blogger friend I have left is Berthold that will provide links when he mentions a fellow blogger or writes a review of their books. He mentioned me in his last post as he responded to my post on The Fifth Element
 I had two blogger friends here in Albuquerque and there were two others in Colorado. We called ourselves the Old Curmudgeons. Once the guys in Colorado drove down here and met with Russ, Woody and me. We had a great time drinking beer and bashing Bush and Cheney. (That really says how long ago it was.)

At the time I was writing Human Sacrifices. I would post each chapter as I finished it on a different blog. I picked up a few readers that would give encouragement and offer advise. It was a back ackwards way of doing things and the beginning of the story was down the list of posts. My sister was working the night shift at a hospital in Dallas and when she had free time would read my story, she got a number of the other nurses there reading and she'd let me know what they thought. I wrote the story to strengthen my female characters and this was invaluable advise.

This was also when my sister was battling ovarian cancer. My blogger friends were invaluable in giving thoughts and prayers through this bitter and sad time.

Russ still has his blog and we're friends on fb, but since he remarried has little time for social media. Woody and I still communicate on fb. I've lost touch with all my other blogger friends and am so grateful for Berthold for opening up a new avenue for blogging with Lydia and other writers as we share ideas,  reviews and out thoughts.

4 comments:

Berthold Gambrel said...

Thanks for the mention! I'm glad I found your blog too, and I'm always happy to send more folks your way when I can. Lydia is awesome; you are right that her blog is a great way for writers to connect.

Also, good to hear Russ is doing well. I miss his blog.

P M Prescott said...

You're right Berthold, Lydia is awesome. I wish Russ could stay more active.

Lydia said...

I hope you'll be able to make more blogging friends soon. The world really has changed in this regard, although there are still plenty of folks out there who do blog. Thanks for the shoutout.

P M Prescott said...

Between Tuesday top ten and Wednesday challenge I'm finding some. Thank Lydia.