About Me

My photo
Family and Friends is my everyday journal. Captain's Log is where I pontificate on religion and politics.

Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Jerusalem in 3D

Went to a viewing at the Natural History I-Max yesterday of the National Geographic 3D movie on Jerusalem. It was fantastic. To view clips and pictures of the movie click here. It's the best look at the three religious cultures in a really small space. I loved the way in the 3D if felt like you were actually walking through a bazaar or a crowded street. The three young girls you followed as they explained their beliefs and family life helped put a human face on what's happening there.  David Fergusson, one of the producers of the film was present for a Q&A afterwards and was very impressive explaining some of the many problems he faced getting this project done. If it shows up in your area by all means go see it in the 3D. Eventually this film will be done in regular mode for schools and television. I've never been a big fan of 3D, but this one changed my mind.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll check it out, P M.

P M Prescott said...

Enjoy it when you do, Michael